Chemically defined, Balanced Salts Solutions provide an environment that will conserve the structural and physiological integrity of mammalian cells in vitro.
Balanced salts solutions have several roles in vitro, principally :
– maintainance of intra and extra-cellular osmotic pressure
– providing glucose, water and some inorganic ions for cellular metabolism
– maintainance in vitro physiological pH conditions (7.2-7.6)
Earle’s Balanced Salts Solutions (EBSS) are designed for short-term use in a CO2 environment.
The EBSS modified (without calcium and without magnesium) can be used to wash and resuspend cells during the dissociation process when calcium and magnesium could inhibit trypsin action.
– with or without Calcium or Magnesium
– with or without Sodium Bicarbonate